Saturday, June 2, 2012

When's the last time you did family portraits? | Family PIctures Okoboji, Iowa

When is the last time you've had a family portrait done? Hey, trust me-- I understand from a mother's perspective it can sound like a lot of prep work. Finding the right outfits, buffing the kids up all nice and clean. And occasionally dad's have about 25 things on their list that they'd rather do too... but it's one of those things that you never look back at and think, 'Boy, I wish we'd never done that!" In fact, it's always a memory worth making. It's always amazing to me when I look back on my own family portrait how the kids change from one year to the next. I've gotten in the mode of doing at least one of my own every year that I simply don't want to break the cycle now! This lovely family came to me last summer and was delightful to work with. I especially always love cooperative dads! Hey- again...painless, right? Fall is often a time when families' think about doing portraits in preparation for holiday cards and greetings, but summer is a fantastic time as well. Especially in a rural area when the field work is done. Family vacations make a great time when the gang is all together and gathered at the lake home or cabin. If you're a visitor to the Iowa Great Lakes, Okoboji or Arnold's Park- we're only 20 miles away and are willing to come to you if you prefer. Take advantage of the sun, summer tans and family fun to document your family in the Summer of 2012!

No comments: