Friday, November 16, 2007

Sherry's Wall Galleries















Sherry has been a client of mine for some time, and I love how she groups her images to really show how her children have grown and changed. She also shared some pretty ingenious ideas that she shared with me below:
The grouping with the clock in the middle is in my kitchen. I like it because I get to look at my family (in style) while I cook. I liked the backdrop of the picture of my dogs so much that I painted the whole kitchen to coordinate with the picture.

The grouping with the "tub" picture that is in the silver frame is in our main floor bathroom just above the toilet. Once again... we decorated the room around the pictures painting the walls cream and accenting throughout the room in gray and silver to coordinate with the "tub" in the picture.

The grouping with the word family is one of my favorites. The picture on the left was take by my sister in law at our wedding. We then have the picture on the far right of the other precious phase of our life so far (the first pictures of the boys together). The picture in the middle of our family ties it all together.

The black framed pictures (with 4X6 shots) and the black frame with white matting are mostly in our hallway upstairs. I get to pass those photos every evening on my way to bed and every morning before I leave the house... combined with other pictures of our dogs that are in the same hallway it reminds me at the beginning and end of every day why each day is such a gift.

Finally, there is the main grouping over our living room couch. I found a large 6 pane window at a garage sale for $6.00. I painted the window frame black... each space is 10X14 inches so it displays 8X10 pictures beautifully. It took awhile to paint the window but it is perfect. I recently finished two more windows that each have three panes and I will be hanging those horizontally on each side of the 6 pane window once Ryan's 6 month pictures are done... until his 9 and 12 month pictures occur there will be some empty space on his side but he will grow quicker than desired and those spots will fill up too. Once that occurs I am moving the three month collages (that are currently on the sides of the big window) to them opposite wall with their hand and foot molds in shadow boxes above and below each collage. At that point the living room will be full and it will move on to another room.
Thanks for sharing these, Sherry! I get to see people's portraits, but seeing them actually hanging in your homes gives them whole new meaning! I love it!

No comments: