Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I'm fortunate to have a photographer friend nearby to exchange work and services with. She shot our family portraits last year. (gave me renewed sympathy for those families who come to me for family portraits...I can feel your stress too! ;) As a woman AND photographer I know us women are rarely satisfied with how we look in pictures, but I was glad to get a picture of myself with my children and was anxious to get a portrait made. I'm embarrassed to say I STILL haven't done it. When I was going to order the lab was backordered for what I wanted to print this on and so it got pushed on the back-burner and that was that. Today a talented photography associate shared this template and I knew I was going to FIND that image and get it printed! I will not procrastinate any longer!


When mom's come with their new babies they sometimes cringe at the thought of getting in the portrait as well. But how many of us have more than a handful of picture of us WITH our kids?

So this weekend, make a point to give your camera to your HUSBAND and get a picture of you with your kids and don't be shy. Isn't that what Mother's Day is all about?

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: