Monday, June 23, 2008

Olympic Connection...


You may have read Abby's "Future Olympian" post below... well here's a update - of sorts!

Abby's dad is headed back to the Olympics and it's so exciting! Abby's dad is also coach to Grego Roman wrestler, Jake Deitchler. While I was photographing Abby, her mom and dad were in Las Vegas for the Olympic trials (not sure if that is the right term or not..bear with me).

At 18 years old, Jake is the youngest wrestler since 1972 to be making the trip to the Olympics.

It's quite exciting! I KNEW those snap shots I took at Easter of Calvin 'wrestling' Brandon's son Eli would come in handly one day to show Brandon that Calvin taught Eli all the right moves---s when omeday when Eli himself has an Olympic medal himself.

(So how soon can I put that on my resume...photographer to Olympians.... ha!)

If you'd like to read more about it...these are some fun links.

Cheer Jake on in China!



Video from Kare 11



No comments: