Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Sighting!


As my family and I were driving to Fairmont Saturday, Sofie spotted a 'deer'. Umm-hmmm we casually said and as Jeff and I looked over our shoulder at the pasture along I-90 we briefly caught a glimpse of it before disappearing behind a hill. In that split second Jeff and I both gasped and asked each other, "Did you see that?!" "It looked like a Mountain Ram!" We drove a little further..."Do you really think that is what it was?!" ...."Can't be." ...."I think it was" ...
"No one will believe us"..... "I've got my camera".... "Let's go back!"....

So we risk ticketing and waste a few gallons of gas to make an illegal turn around in the interstate to go back and captured this photo.

Now, we were a little suspicious. The animal seemed pretty stationary. And since in portions of Sioux Valley I am still known as BOBCAT (that's a whole nother story) I was trying to be cautious about this sighting.

When I got home that night the first thing I did was d/l the photo and zoom in... this particular Mt Ram seemed to be seamed in three pieces.

OK- - Someone out there knows the story. Who is the Jackson jokester with the Mt. Ram sense of humor? I want reimbursement for my gasoline and humiliation. LOL!
Did I mention we hit a deer on the way home? That one was unfortunately real.

No comments: