Monday, April 20, 2009

Wall Galleries- Visualizing your space





I've meant to get this last 'installment' in the discussion of choosing the portraits for your wall gallery--and somehow time got away from me. I hope in previous entries found here and here; I have been able to give some suggestions for choosing the right sized wall portraits for your space and some considerations when making those decisions.
I wanted to show you a sample wall of one of my clients. She wanted to add a collage of new baby to the wall where the existing collage of big brother hung. I encouraged her to send me a picture of the wall so that I could digitally put the new collage next to the existing one so that she could 'see' better what she wanted.

The collage size is 16x20- and you can see that two 16x20's hung side by side look nice---but I was interested (as she was)to see what a wall gallery of different images from the session would look like hung together. You can see it's a fabulous space for displaying favorite images.

Sometimes people think they don't have the 'wall space' for wall portraits, but once they start looking more discerningly they find more options for displaying their favorite images.
So finally, here is a view of the options for a sample wall. The client loved the final look and the ease of putting things together once she received the final portraits. I guess I should have her send me another photo of the final result! :)

No comments: