Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Artist Eye | Lakefield Family Photography






"We're at your disposal!" That's what this family told me- they were interested in anything creative- anything different! Something I appreciated but I felt the pressure was on as dad is a talented artist himself, as well as a published illustrator! But in one regard it was freeing knowing they were willing to do anything- and that included taking their shoes off, sitting on rusty old screens, getting dirty (or at the least not worrying about staying clean) and just having a good time and I hope the images portray what a carefree and fun family they are.
I took the chance of this artistic freedom to shoot a wider angle lens and get some different looks than I usually envision. I love the results.
But I think one of my favorites is the the family pose amongst the portraits dad painted of each family member. I am so glad the took the initiative to bring them along!

No comments: