Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Timeless Vintage Photographs

My nephew (who has a great eye by the way) shared a link with me that he thought I would enjoy. He was right. And I wanted to take a minute to share it with you- in case you have an appreciation of history and photography. I've seen similar images in black and white or sepia, - which are interesting of course, but it's amazing how when it's in color it really seems to make that connection between what seems like such a long time ago and makes it relate more directly to our world today. I love seeing the people's clothing in colors of the 40's (notice that first lady's flour sack apron) and the vintage signs on all the buildings. I'm going to bookmark these and take a little more time examining them
CLICK HERE for 1940's Vintage Photographs in Color

No comments: