Thursday, August 26, 2010

Contest Entry | Melinda





Melinda shares a very unique way that she is displaying her portraits in her home.
After replacing an antique curio in my dining room with this antique buffet, I was in search of something to hang above it as the wall words were already there. Finding this 2' x 4' piece of rusty ceiling tin while out antiquing last fall, I knew it was the perfect fit. We had a family session taken with Alison in October and I then had a friend of ours make the tin into a multi-photo frame. He framed the back with 3/4" pine and rolled the tin around the edges so no wood shows. He then cut in the holes to fit the portraits I had ordered from our session and sprayed the entire piece with an aerosol matte finish sealer to keep any more of the original paint from flaking off. The center photo is 11x14" of our whole family; on the left is an 8X10" of my husband and I; and on the right another 8x10" of our 3 kids. The bottom 4 photos are 5x7" - on the left is my husband with our 2 boys and then he and our daughter next to that. On the right is our daughter and I and next to that our 2 boys and I.


Alison first did our daughter's senior pictures in June 2009. The 12x12" collage on the left is the portrait I decided to hang in our bedroom because I couldn't decide on just one! After our family session in October, adding the photo of the 3 kids completed our bedroom!




Thank you for sharing, Melinda!

2 comments:

The Curvy Life said...

That looks beautiful in her home!! Great way to display Alison Stumpf Photography images!!

La-

Paula _ Boston Photographer said...

Love seeing how your clients display your beautiful photography!